Alexandra House is grateful for and regularly needs items for individuals and families to maintain housing, economic, and educational stability. When considering donating gently used material goods to Alexandra House, please ask yourself this question: Is this item in good enough condition for my child or family? If your answer is YES, then it is in good enough condition for those we serve. Please understand we have very limited storage and many times must turn down wonderful donations simply because of the lack of storage space. If that is the case, we are happy to provide you with a list of referrals to other worthy, local organizations that could benefit from your contribution.
Alexandra House is a secure facility as our participant safety is of the utmost importance. Therefore, we are unable to accept unscheduled donations. You must schedule a donation appointment to ensure staff members are aware and ready for visitors to the shelter. Unscheduled donation drop-offs will not be accepted. For donation inquiries or to schedule an appointment, email or call 763-795-5473.
NOTE: We want to ensure we are able to connect with every donor who would like to support us. To protect our participants, our phone numbers appear as blocked or as an unknown caller. If your phone screens these types of numbers, please email us for all donation inquiries. Thank you!
- Women’s Underwear (low on all sizes)
- Girl’s Underwear (size 10-18)
- New Bath Towels
- Diapers (size 5 and 6)
- Baby Wash, Shampoo, and Conditioner
- Children’s Toothbrushes
- Cotton Balls
- New or Gently Used Winter Coats
- Kid’s 2T, 3T, and 4T
- Adult Small and Medium
- New Hats, Gloves, and Scarves for kids
- New or Gently Used Kid’s Boots (all sizes)
NOTE: Due to capacity issues, we are temporarily not accepting any clothing donations unless specifically listed on our Urgent Needs List.
ETHNIC HAIR NEEDS:
- Gel/Pro Style
- Hard Brush
- Big Tooth Combs
- Olive Oil Spray Sheen
Food shelf needs:
- Cooking Oil
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Tuna
- Canned Chili and Beans (with and without meat)
- Canned Spaghetti O’s, Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Spaghetti and Marinara Sauce
- Cold Cereal
- Beans (black and refried beans)
- Individual Packaged Snacks
- Fruit Roll Ups
- Protein and Granola Bars
DONATION Drop-off and Hours:
Donation deliveries are generally accepted Monday – Friday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm. Please follow this process when delivering your donations, after you have scheduled your donation drop-off:
- Ring the donation doorbell (side garage door entrance)
- Notify staff you have a scheduled donation to drop off
- A staff member will provide you with a sanitized clipboard with a donation form for you to complete
Want to donate, but short on time?
We have an Amazon Shopping List for easy, no drop-off necessary donation! PLUS, if you shop through www.smile.amazon.com, Amazon will donate 0.5% of all eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Alexandra House!
Are there any donations Alexandra House does not accept?
Alexandra House is unable to accept the following items:
- Used stuffed animals and gently used toys
- Gently used undergarments (bras, boxers, underwear, socks)
- Used Car Seats, Strollers, Pack-n-Plays, Infant Swings, and Breast Pumps
- Partially used packages of diapers, tampons, or pads
- Travel-sized personal care items or opened/used full-sized personal care items
- Women’s business/interview clothing
- Dirty or torn clothing
- Large household appliances
Can my donation be picked up?
No, we do not have the resources to accommodate pick-ups.