Alexandra House is a secure facility as our client safety is of the utmost importance. Therefore, we are unable to accept unscheduled donations. You must schedule a donation appointment to ensure staff members are aware and ready for visitors to the shelter. Unscheduled donation drop-offs will not be accepted. For donation inquiries or to schedule an appointment, email email@example.com or call 763-795-5473.
COVID-19 and contributed goods update
We have temporarily stopped accepting material donations; however, we will resume after January 31st. Once we resume accepting material donations, we will continue to limit what items we will accept; please reference our Urgent Needs list. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, and we thank you for thinking of Alexandra House. We are focused on maintaining high quality, essential services at this time.
Contactless DONATION Drop-off and Hours:
We have modified our process for donation deliveries. Donation deliveries are accepted Monday – Friday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm. Please follow this process when delivering your donations:
- Ring the donation doorbell (side garage door entrance)
- Notify staff you have a scheduled donation to drop off
- Return to (and remain inside) your vehicle, open the rear of the vehicle and/or doors (as applicable) for staff to access the items being donated
- A staff member will provide you with a sanitized clipboard with a donation form for you to complete
urgent needs (all new):
Once we resume accepting material donations, we will update this list with our Urgent Needs.
Want to donate, but short on time?
We have an Amazon Shopping List for easy, no drop-off necessary donation! PLUS, if you shop through www.smile.amazon.com, Amazon will donate 0.5% of all eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Alexandra House!
Are there any donations Alexandra House does not accept?
Alexandra House is unable to accept the following items:
- Used stuffed animals and gently used toys
- Gently used undergarments (bras, boxers, underwear, socks)
- Used Car Seats, Strollers, Pack-n-Plays, and Infant Swings
- Partially used packages of diapers, tampons, or pads
- Travel-sized personal care items or opened/used full-sized personal care items
- Women’s business/interview clothing