Alexandra House is a secure facility as our client safety is of the utmost importance. Therefore, we are unable to accept unscheduled donations. You must schedule a donation appointment to ensure staff are aware and ready for visitors to the shelter. Unscheduled donation drop-offs will not be accepted. For donation inquiries or to schedule an appointment, email email@example.com or call 763-795-5473.
COVID-19 and contributed goods update
We are limiting what items we will accept for donations at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, and we thank you for thinking of Alexandra House. We are focused on maintaining high quality, essential services at this time, and want to support our staff and volunteers by focusing on only the most critical items.
Below is a list of our most pressing needs (all new):
- Food Shelf Staples: (non-dented, damaged, or expired): Canned chicken, pasta, rice, instant potatoes, bulk cereal, chips, cookies, cake, cookie, and bar mixes, frosting, canned beans (all varieties), condiments (ketchup, mustard, salad dressing, BBQ sauce, etc.), cooking oil, canned tomatoes and/or tomato sauce, crackers, chips, popcorn, and canned fruit and vegetables. (Host a Food Drive for Alexandra House)
- Kleenex, Toilet Paper, and Paper Towels
- Latex or Rubber Gloves
- Face Masks, including home-made
- Oral Thermometers
- Hand Soaps
- Hand Sanitizer (60% or more alcohol content)
- All Purpose Cleaner
- Disinfectant Wipes
Want to donate, but short on time?
We have an Amazon Shopping List for easy, no drop-off necessary donation! PLUS, if you shop through www.smile.amazon.com, Amazon will donate 0.5% of all eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Alexandra House!
Are there any donations Alexandra House does not accept?
Alexandra House is unable to accept the following items:
- Used stuffed animals and gently used toys
- Gently used undergarments (bras, boxers, underwear, socks)
- Used Car Seats, Strollers, Pack-n-Plays, and Infant Swings
- Partially used packages of diapers, tampons, or pads
- Travel sized personal care items or opened/used full-sized personal care items
- Women’s business/interview clothing