Alexandra House is a secure facility as our client safety is of the utmost importance. Therefore, we are unable to accept unscheduled donations. You must schedule a donation appointment to ensure staff are aware and ready for visitors to the shelter. Unscheduled donation drop-offs will not be accepted. Call our donation hotline at 763-795-5473.
Because the needs of the families we serve are constantly in flux, our donation priorities will shift to meet those needs.
Please note: Due to storage constraints, we are only able to accept limited amounts of gently used goods.
- Personal Care Items: Adult and child toothbrushes, full-size toothpaste
- Baby: Diapers (sizes 5 and 6)
- Kitchen: New or Like New pots, pans, measuring cup sets, silverware, dish towels, drying racks, and place settings for four (plates, bowls, coffee cups, glasses)
- Household: Coffee makers
- Linens: New full-sized sheet sets
- Clothing: Boy’s summer clothing (sizes 4-12); Teen girl shorts (sizes 1-13); Teen girl tank tops (sizes S-L); Teen girl short sleeve shirts (sizes S-L)
- Bathroom: New bath towels, hand towels, wash cloths, soap, soap dispenser, soap dish
- Groceries: Food shelf items including (non-dented): canned vegetables, canned fruit, hearty canned soups, canned beans, crackers, cereals, 100% juice, condiments, dessert/cake mix, peanut butter, jelly, canned chicken and/or tuna, dried pastas, and pasta sauces
- Gift Cards: Grocery, department store (Target/Walmart), and fuel cards
If you have larger household items you would like to donate to clients leaving the shelter (beds, tables, sofas, etc.), please call the donation hotline at 763-795-5473 for further information.
items we cannot accept
- Used Undergarments: (bras, underwear, socks, etc.)
- Car Seats, High Chairs, Cribs, Strollers, Pack-N-Plays, Infant Swings
- Travel-size or Opened Personal Care Items
- Damaged, Dented, or Expired Food Shelf Items