Alexandra House is a secure facility as our client safety is of the utmost importance. Therefore, we are unable to accept unscheduled donations. You must schedule a donation appointment to ensure staff are aware and ready for visitors to the shelter. Unscheduled donation drop-offs will not be accepted. For donation inquiries, call 763-795-5473 or email email@example.com.
What can I donate?
Keeping our shelter fully stocked with the items our families need is a continuous challenge. Due to storage constraints, we are only able to accept limited amounts of gently used goods. Alexandra House accepts non-perishable foods, new, household cleaning supplies, unopened, full-sized personal care products, new or gently used blankets and sheets. Below is a list of our most pressing needs.
- Diapers & Wipes (Sizes 3, 4, 5, & 6)
- Tie Blankets (Adult Size)
- $10-$25 Walmart, Cub, & Aldi Gift Cards
- Food Shelf Items (non-dented, damaged, or expired): Canned chicken, bulk cereal, chips, cookies, cake, cookie, and bar mixes, canned beans (all varieties), condiments (ketchup and BBQ sauce), cooking oil, canned tomatoes and/or tomato sauce. (Host a Food Drive for Alexandra House)
- Household: Pots & pans, can openers, knife sets, sippy cups, spatulas, twin size sheet sets, & new bath towels.
- Cleaning Supplies: All-purpose cleaner, Windex, dish soap, paper towels, & powder laundry detergent.
- Personal Care: Nail clippers, tweezers, toilet paper, & feminine hygiene products.
Are there any donations Alexandra House does not accept?
Alexandra House is unable to accept the following items:
- Used stuffed animals
- Gently used undergarments (bras, boxers, underwear, socks)
- Used Car Seats, Strollers, Pack-n-Plays, and Infant Swings
- Partially used packages of diapers, tampons, or pads
- Travel sized personal care items or opened/used full-sized personal care items
- Womens business/interview clothing