Alexandra House is a secure facility as our client safety is of the utmost importance. Therefore, we are unable to accept unscheduled donations. You must schedule a donation appointment to ensure staff are aware and ready for visitors to the shelter. Unscheduled donation drop-offs will not be accepted. Call our donation hotline at 763-795-5473.
Because the needs of the families we serve are constantly in flux, our donation priorities will shift to meet those needs.
Please note: Due to storage constraints, we are only able to accept limited amounts of gently used goods.
- URGENT! School Supplies: markers, colored pencils, mechanical pencils, crayons, pens, notebooks, composition books, and backpacks (we do NOT need: rulers, pencils, scissors, compasses, and protractors)
- Groceries: Food shelf items including (non-dented): canned vegetables, canned fruit, hearty canned soups, canned beans, crackers, cereals, 100% juice, condiments, dessert/cake mix, peanut butter, jelly, canned chicken and/or tuna, dried pasta, and pasta sauces
- Gift Cards: Grocery, department store (Target/Walmart), and fuel cards
- Personal Care Items: Deodorant
- Baby: Diapers (sizes 5 and 6)
- Clothing: New or Like New pants for teen boys
- Bathroom: New bath towels
- Kitchen: New or Like New pots, pans, measuring cup sets, measuring spoon sets, silverware, dish towels and wash cloths, drying racks, and place settings for four (plates, bowls, coffee cups, glasses)
If you have larger household items you would like to donate to clients leaving the shelter (beds, tables, sofas, etc.), please call the donation hotline at 763-795-5473 for further information.
items we cannot accept
- Used Undergarments: (bras, underwear, socks, etc.)
- Car Seats, High Chairs, Cribs, Strollers, Pack-N-Plays, Infant Swings
- Travel-size or Opened Personal Care Items
- Damaged, Dented, or Expired Food Shelf Items