Alexandra House understands that education is critical to creating significant, long-term change. We offer free presentations and facilitated dialogues to community groups and individuals on the basics of domestic and/or sexual violence, signs, intervention, and awareness. This is a non-threatening way to learn more about the issues and take a stand through partnership with Alexandra House. Participating groups have included faith-based groups, civic and service clubs, and social justice–oriented organizations. We will craft the presentation to fit your group’s specific timeframe and goals. Request a presentation here.
TOPICS WE OFFER INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Alexandra House Services
- Fundamentals of Domestic Violence
- Introduction to Domestic Violence
- Effects of Domestic Violence on Children
- Introduction to Sexual Violence
- Rape Culture
- Street Harassment
- Youth Advocacy: Sexual Violence and Dating Violence
- Advocacy for Adult Domestic Violence Victims/Survivors
- Abuse Later in Life
If there is a topic that is not listed here, please contact Jess Cheney at email@example.com and we will be happy to discuss that with you.