Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month
February is National Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Month (TDVAM). This is an issue that impacts everyone – not just teens – but their parents, teachers, friends, and communities as well. You’re invited to join Alexandra House in raising awareness! With your help, we can raise awareness, stand with survivors, and take action in order to prevent Teen Dating Violence! Download the TDVAM Informational Flyer.
Awareness Art Contest
Artists are invited to create art (medium of your choice) that brings awareness to Teen Dating Violence. This is an opportunity for students to raise awareness around Teen Dating Violence and Healthy Relationships. The winner will receive a $50 Amazon gift card and have their artwork featured on the @alexhousemnys Instagram page. Download the Awareness Artwork Contest Flyer
Eligibility: Minnesota High School students, ages 14-19
- Include one (1) statistic about teen dating violence or relationship violence
- Mention Alexandra House
- Cannot depict violence or contain explicit language.
- Participants must submit original artwork of their own creation
- Please note: if your piece is not digital, submit a photo of your work
- If submitting a video, it must be under one (1) minute
- Entries must include the title of work, age of the artist, artist pronouns, artist name, and why you decided to join the content
- Entry Deadline: Monday, February 15, 2021
- Submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or DM @alexhousemnys
Wear Orange Day
On Tuesday, February 9, wear orange to stand with survivors and bring awareness to Teen Dating Violence. Use the hashtags #Orange4Love and #TDVAM to show your support!
Healthy Relationship Pledge
Throughout TDVAM, make a pledge to demonstrate what healthy relationships look like! Example: “I pledge to practice setting healthy boundaries.” Make a pledge, start conversations, and remember that we all deserve healthy relationships.
Take the #TruthMattersMonday Challenge
Every Monday on Instagram we post truths that matter. Now we challenge you to do the same, but for TDVAM! On each Monday in February, learn a new fact or statistic about Teen Dating Violence, and share it with your community. Don’t forget to tag us at @alexhousemnys, or send us what you find, and we’ll give you a shoutout!