Alexandra House offers a wide variety of trainings tailored for various professional groups. We charge a $150 flat fee for our professional trainings; however we will work with any agency or business unable to pay but with a desire to build their capacity to respond to and prevent domestic and sexual violence. Our staff will work with you to craft a training that meets your group’s specific goals and time frame.
- First Responders – Law enforcement, legal professionals, health care providers and social service workers are on the front line when it comes to recognizing and responding to domestic abuse. Our trainings provide critical knowledge on how to use your professional role to help victims of violence overcome many of the barriers they face when trying to be safe and/or escape an abusive relationship. Participating groups can become part of a coordinated community response to addressing and eliminating domestic violence.
- Customer Service – Salons, banks, gyms, restaurants and many other places of business can take a stand and help create an environment in which domestic violence is no longer tolerated. Learn about how domestic violence impacts your clientele and how your business can get involved, taking simple steps to contribute to a violence-free community.
- Alexandra House is a CUT IT OUT® Trainer. CUT IT OUT® trainers are domestic violence professionals who visit schools, salons and other approved locations to conduct one-hour seminars. These seminars provide domestic violence information and how to respond to someone who may be a victim of abuse.
- Clergy & Lay Leaders – Many people rely on the support of their faith community facing challenging life circumstances. It is critical that faith leaders understand the dynamics of domestic violence and are prepared to support families dealing with abuse, while holding the safety of the victims and their children as sacred. Alexandra House works with Partners in Faith for Peace, a community-based coalition, to offer highly effective trainings for clergy and lay leaders around responding to domestic violence and working with children who have witnessed violence.
- Corporate or Workplace Setting – Domestic and sexual violence does not cease to impact people once they enter their place of employment. Employers, supervisors, and HR personnel can support their workers by becoming trained to respond to domestic abuse, creating policies that support victims and hold perpetrators accountable, and by providing learning and awareness opportunities for all employees. Alexandra House believes engaging with local businesses in this way is critical to creating safe communities and is available to train and provide support towards this end.
To schedule a presentation or training, or to find out more, contact Jess Cheney, Community Education Coordinator, at 763-795-5452 or email@example.com.
* Alexandra House has assorted promotional materials regarding our services. Contact our Community Education Coordinator at 763-795-5452 or firstname.lastname@example.org to order these for your organization to assist survivors of domestic and/or sexual violence.