Elder Abuse Services
Elder abuse takes many forms, most often involving emotional and psychological abuse, intimidation and threats, isolation, neglect, and financial exploitation. Physical abuse and sexual violence may also be perpetrated against older adults. Older adults, or their loved ones, may have concerns about mistreatment by partners, family members, caregivers, or others with whom they have a trusted, ongoing relationship.
Alexandra House offers client-centered advocacy services specifically for adults 50 and over. An advocate is available to meet in-home or in another safe location of the client’s choosing. An advocate can meet with a client and caregivers or support people if desired, over the course of several weeks or months to help each person achieve his or her personal goals for safety and well-being.
- navigating legal systems and finding pro bono legal assistance
- arranging transportation to meetings and appointments
- helping to identify and secure housing
- offering resources for financial assistance
- connecting with government and community programs for additional services
- offering emotional support and support groups