Are you or could you be a victim?
- Is your partner jealous of the time you spend with friends, family, or co-workers?
- Does your partner forbid or limit your time spent with friends, family, or co-workers?
- Does your partner constantly criticize and belittle things that you do or say?
- Does your partner say cruel and hurtful things to you, or make fun of you in front of others?
- Is your partner cruel to animals and/or people, and does he/she seem to enjoy or be insensitive to their emotional or physical pain and suffering?
- Does your partner tell you how to spend your money or control the amount of money you have?
- Does your partner interfere with your ability to be at work on time or at all and/or harass you at work?
- Are you sometimes afraid of your partner and what he/she might do?
- Does your partner break objects, throw objects at you or your children, or damage property?
- Does your partner threaten to harm you, your children, family, or friends?
- Does your partner cause you or your children physical pain and/or injury?
- Does your partner use force, hold or throw you down, or demand sex regardless of how you feel?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may be in an abusive relationship or at risk of becoming involved in an abusive relationship.