The mission of Alexandra House is to empower victims of domestic and sexual violence, and inspire social change, through education, support, and advocacy.
Alexandra House envisions a world where violence against women and children is unacceptable.
- Domestic and sexual violence are part of an historical pattern of violence and oppression that disproportionately impacts women and children.
- Domestic and sexual violence affect those of all classes, genders, ethnicities, faith communities, races, sexual orientations, ages, and different abilities.
- Domestic violence is not limited to physical abuse; it includes emotional, financial, sexual, spiritual, and psychological abuse. It is about power and control over others.
- Domestic and sexual violence are crimes and violations of human rights.
- Prostitution is a form of violence against women and children.
- Domestic violence is a direct link to other forms of violence and social problems.
- Violence is a learned behavior and a choice.
- Domestic and sexual violence are community problems. Our success is directly connected to working with members of the community in ending domestic and sexual violence.