Alexandra House to Hold Annual Hope Gala as a Virtual Event
Blaine, MN, 3/8/2021—The Hope Gala will be a virtual event in 2021! Join us for a night of sharing and supporting your community. During the event, you’ll learn about the transformational work Alexandra House has continued to do in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic. We’ll share stories and thank community members that have helped make our work possible.
Our annual Hope Gala is Alexandra House’s largest fundraiser of the year and is vital to supporting our mission. As our community’s health is of the utmost importance, our Hope Gala will be virtual this year. We are excited to come together and present our annual event in a whole new (and more accessible) format, including a powerful survivor story, an inspiring fund-a-need appeal, an exciting online auction, trivia with prizes, and more. Jenny Teeson, a former Alexandra House client, will be sharing her journey of healing. A journey that began when Jenny discovered a flash drive with secret bathroom videos of her husband’s coworkers on it. Jenny was instrumental in repealing Minnesota’s voluntary relationship defense in spousal rape cases in July of 2019. The “voluntary relationship” defense was spelled out clearly in Minnesota state statutes which stated, people who are married, or living together engaged in an ongoing, long-term sexual relationship couldn’t be charged with criminal sexual conduct.
We are inviting our whole community to join us (virtually) on Saturday, March 27, 2021, to bid on our online auction, hear inspiring stories about why—especially in this time of community-wide crisis— Alexandra House’s services are needed now more than ever. Join us in creating a community of support, a safe way forward, and a future free from violence for all victims/survivors!
Schedule of Events:
- Wednesday, March 24
- 8:00 am CDT: Premier and Silent Auctions are LIVE online!
- Saturday, March 27
- 6:30 pm CDT: Pre-Show
- 7:00 pm CDT: Showtime (Gala Program, Online Auctions, Fund-A-Need)
- Sunday, March 28
- 5:00 pm CDT: Online Auction Closes
- Monday, April 5
- 8:00 am CDT: Fund-A-Need Closes
How to Participate:
- REGISTER & ATTEND: There is no cost to join us, but to participate, please register online at https://tinyurl.com/HG2021Register. Register by March 12 to be entered into a drawing for a special prize.
- PREMIERE EVENT TICKETS: We are offering an elevated event experience to those who like a more in-person type experience. Premiere Event Tickets are $100 per person or $175 per couple. Tickets include: a meal for pick up from The Sunset Grill in Spring Lake Park and a Hope Gala Swag Bag stuffed with goodies. Purchase tickets by Friday, March 12, to be entered into a drawing for a special raffle prize.
- We’re streaming the entire program through YouTube and Facebook starting at 6:30 pm on Saturday, March 27.
- Learn more about the event online at https://tinyurl.com/HopeGala2021
How will funds raised at this event be utilized?
Hope Gala is Alexandra House’s largest fundraiser of the year, and it is vital to supporting our mission. Every dollar raised from the Hope Gala directly funds services to victims/survivors of domestic, sexual, and relationship violence, as well as elder abuse.
Hope Gala Sponsors:
Alexandra House is truly grateful to the sponsors of the 2021 Hope Gala: Allina Health – Mercy Hospital Foundation, Barna, Guzy & Steffen, Ltd., the Bartholomay & Taramelli Family, the Case Family, Coon Rapids Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, Corazzo Bookkeeping, Inc., the Deal Family, Northeast Bank Foundation, Old National Bank, Polaris, Steinwall, Inc., WEBCO Security, the Wells Family, and 21st Century Bank.
About Alexandra House: Since 1977, Alexandra House has served as an ally, a resource, and a refuge for survivors of domestic, sexual, and relationship violence, and abuse in later life – providing a 24-hour emergency shelter; support groups, housing and supportive services; food shelf and basic needs assistance; legal advocacy and legal assistance, youth prevention and intervention services; community education and professional training.
- Find us on Facebook – facebook.com/alexhousemn
- Follow us on Instagram – instagram.com/alexhousemn/
- Follow us on Twitter – @alexhousemn